Sunday, January 3, 2010

I can boil water!

This week I am thankful for the ability to follow a recipe and to make delectable meals. Well most of the time... I haven't had anyone die from my cooking yet! I like to try new recipes and make different things. Liver is the only thing that is off limits. Yuck!
My favorite site for new recipes is http://www.allrecipes.com/ . I try to make meals that not only satisfy the body but also the soul. I take requests too!
Fast food has its purpose though. There are definitely nights that I just don't want to cook. Fast food and takeout are not the same. Why? Well price for one... and because I said so. LOL! Oh, and pizza is not fast food. And it always tastes better if someone else makes it. ;)

This week's menu:
Sunday - Irish chicken and dumplings. (We were supposed to have this last night but had takeout ribs instead.)
Monday - Dirty rice and salad.
Tuesday - Teriyaki pork tenderloin, rice and corn.
Wednesday - Chicken strips, tater tots and apple slices.
Thursday - Pizza (takeout).
Friday - Smoked sausage, potatoes, pepper and green bean skillet.
Saturday - Baked Ziti, vege and garlic bread.

No comments: