Monday, January 18, 2010

Happy MLK day!

Today will be two posts in one. I just wasn’t in the mood to write yesterday…

I had a very busy, but for the most part fun weekend.
Saturday I went to a baby shower. I loved seeing all the sweet, miniature baby things. Not enough to have another one though! LOL! I guess that’s a definite sign you are done. There were a few friends there that I hadn’t seen for quite awhile and it was nice to chat and catch back up. And the cake is always good too!

Saturday night John and I had our first bowling date! It was weird walking out the front door and leaving our kids behind. Jacob was not happy we were leaving him… it will get easier… I hope.
I learned a couple of things from this first date…First if you haven’t bowled for over 5 years you need to take your lighter bowling ball. Owww! My arm hurts! I did get one strike the time I accidently dropped the ball. No, I’m not kidding.
And secondly I can NOT wait until the no smoking ban goes into affect for Michigan. *cough* *gag*… I literally smelled like an ashtray when I got home. Yuck!
Overall we had a good time though. Can’t wait to go back next month!

Sunday was grocery shopping and kicking back. I did do some sewing but I’ll tell you about that later. ;)

This week’s menu:
Sunday – Brats in a roll and fries.
Monday – Tomato soup and tuna sandwiches.
Tuesday – Ham, potato salad and baked beans.
Wednesday – Leftovers.
Thursday – Chicken fajitas and Mexican rice.
Friday – FFY (fend for yourself)
Saturday – Hamburger gravy over white rice and green beans.

This week I am thankful that I’m able to be a stay/work at home mom. I love being able to see my kids learn and grow right before my eyes. It makes me happy to be here to kiss the boo-boos or watch as they dream during an afternoon nap. It has meant some sacrificing but I wouldn’t change it for the world.

Lots to sew today, soap to package for Haiti and of course some cleaning.
Time to get busy!

No comments: