Monday, July 2, 2007

Focus


It has been to long since I posted in my blog. I am going to try to keep up with it now and make it more personal.
I have gone on vacation to Cortland, NY. I now need a vacation from my vacation…
Jake turned two! Wooooohooooo! We let him “decorate” and eat his cake in any way he chose since he awoke from his nap in a very foul mood. It was very hard to keep him occupied and happy in a house that is not designed for a very busy toddler. We all survived that experience thank goodness.
We visited a small zoo in Binghampton, NY and saw about 5 animals (no I’m not exaggerating) and the kids rode a carousel. It was just nice to spend some time with John’s dad.
I am so glad to be home though!
20 hours in the car gives you a lot of time to think!
I’m going to finish up the fused glass projects I have going and then switch to some stained glass for awhile. The holidays are creeping up on us so fast! So many planned projects, so little time! I need to think of what to do for my “siblings” gift this year too. I want to have that done by October.
I’d love to pull out my torch too, but I need to focus on one thing at a time.
I’m reading a book by Amy Tan “Saving Fish from Drowning”. It’s slow going because when I have time to read the babies don’t let me for long.
Another new resolution I made in the car is to set 3 goals for the day. They don’t necessarily have to be glass related. A little list for focus and to feel I accomplished something at the end of the day.
Today’s goals are:
1) List 5 things on Etsy.
2) Finish two projects.
3) Straighten up work space.
I’ll let you know tomorrow how this panned out.
Tonight’s dinner is chicken salad sandwiches. YUMMY!