Monday, May 14, 2007

Whew! What a weekend!


I’m a little worn out!
Thursday I was not feeling good. I had a HORRIBLE headache. It took me all day to recover. A fountain soda cures everything! Thank you John!
Friday we lost our internet for the day. Ya gotta love Comcast. We supposedly now have fiber optic lines now… Sure we do… John got the base to the shed built.
Saturday we went to Nicholas’s 2nd birthday party at Gymboree. Jake had a blast! I have a suggestion to Gymboree designers though. If you’re going to create an area for toddlers to run and explore, you might want to put the cupboards and door handles a little higher! Jake was fascinated in slamming the party room door. Poor Johnna cried whenever someone new looked at her. LOL! I missed the CGGE meeting and was pretty bummed about that but I won't miss the next one! When we went home and John and the boys finished building the shed. It’s pretty spiffy and brings us one step closer to turning the garage into a studio!
Sunday was Mother’s Day. John did all the grocery shopping all by his self while I stayed home with the babies. When he got home we made the salads for dinner then I went flower shopping with my mom. We bought mauve colored Gazalia’s, hot pink Million Bells, purplish pink Snapdragons, pink variegated Coleus, a tiny bluish purple perennial (forget the name, super cute!), Lavender, a bubble gum pink Million Bells hanging basket, Bibb lettuce, Cabbage, Parsley, Basil, red leaf lettuce and much more! We finished planting the front yard. Now we must work on the back and side. Boy I’m feeling the hard work today.
We invited John’s mom over for dinner and had steak, crab pasta salad, Asian coleslaw, and marinated green beans with cucumbers and onions. For dessert we had Tiramisu! Yum! We topped the evening off with the Survivor finale. BOO! Yau-man so should have won! The best present I received was a card that John had bought and had put the babies finger prints in. He said he had a heck of a time getting Jacob to cooperate. LOL! It made me cry. It was a wonderful day!
Well, that was the weekend! Today is Monday. Time to get some work done!