Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Love is in the air… *heartfelt sigh* … LOL!

Look at what I just made! It’s a crocheted beanie!
Johnna and Jake loved modeling it for me.
*Please ignore the chocolate on Jake’s goofy mug and hands. ;)



I made it in the adult size so it’s a little big on them.
The pattern I won from from CrazySocks Crochet (http://www.etsy.com/shop/crazysocks830 ) on Etsy. The beanie pattern is called the “Jan” hat and can be found here: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=38472143
The pattern is very nicely written, easy and works up fast!


Today I am just hanging out with the family. Since we did all of our errands and running around yesterday we are being a little lazy. We just got done watching “Julie and Julia”. Good movie overall. There were some slow parts but I think both women portrayed their parts excellently. I remember watching Julia Childs on tv when I was young. Her voice and accent always fascinated me. I don’t think Meryl Streep talked quite like Julia did, the highs and lows in her voice, but that probably is a good thing considering that when people try to imitate her, she starts to look comical.

We are having a fabulous dinner tonight!

This week’s menu:
Sunday – Steak, baked potato, salad and Italian crème cake for dessert.
Monday – Chicken pot pie from Costco.
Tuesday – Goulash
Wednesday – Whole baked chicken, potatoes and salad.
Thursday – Tuna noodle casserole.
Friday – Leftovers or FFY (fend for yourself)
Saturday – Pizza for the gang and Thai takeout for John and me.

The Amazing Race begins a new season tonight! We have fun picking our favorite teams and rooting them on to victory.

Today I am just thankful for the people that love me. <3>

1 comment:

hawkeyejlp said...

Love the beanie!

Count me on the list of people who love you--mwah!