Sunday, January 9, 2011

Starting 2011... now!

The first week of 2011 blew chunks, literally. My babies had a stomach bug. My week was all about nasty substances, holding hair back, giving baths, washing sheets and blankets, disinfecting surfaces and desperately trying to coax wee ones to eat and drink.
Just when I thought my nightmare was over my sweet Murphy Mae took a turn for the worse. She went to heaven yesterday. It was a very, very sad day.
I am very happy to forget any of it ever happened.

I’ve decided my New Year starts today.
I have many plans, projects, goals and ideas for 2011. None of which involved the above… but some of which I’ll list below in no particular order.
New Soap
A Quilt-Along
Moving
Garage Sale (have never had one)
Weight Loss
Keeping a Schedule
Sewing, Sewing, Sewing
Date Nights
Family Outings
And more….

Stay tuned for updates on those. ;)

This week’s menu:
Sunday- smoked sausage, potato, pepper, onion and green bean skillet
Monday- broccoli cheese soup and biscuits
Tuesday- spaghetti with meatballs and garlic bread
Wednesday- tilapia, rice and salad
Thursday- biscuits, gravy and hashbrowns
Friday- ffy (fend for yourself)
Saturday- red beans, rice and sausage

This week I’m thankful that last week is over. Amen.

6 comments:

Candace said...

I'm sorry last week was so pooptastic. Here's to a better start! May you accomplish all of your goals and more this year!

hawkeyejlp said...

Love your list! Add "girls' weekend in Chicago"!
Big hugs, Hawkeye

Unknown said...

Love you, lady! Wishing nothing but the best for you for the rest of 2011! It's gonna be a great year for you!

Gazed- Upon Glass, Cosmic Clean Body and Handmade by Celyn said...

OMG! Definitely up for the Chicago weekend! I'm thinking after I get the moving thing out of the way. Prepare yourself for margaritas and major silliness!

Kerry said...

ugh...what a week. So sorry for your loss. At least you got it all out of the way, and now you can start a fresh year!

Here's to an amazing 2011 - from January 9th and beyond!

hawkeyejlp said...

Can't wait! A marg sounds marvelous right now!