Monday, May 5, 2008

Smokeylady54

Meet Nancy!
What are your name, Etsy name, profession and location?
My name is Nancy L. Addante, aka Smokeylady54 or crazy lady that makes
glass beads, and some jewelry.

Married? Single? Do you have children? Do any animals dwell with you?
Yes, I have a wonderful husband Pete, a lovely stepdaughter, son-in-law and grandchildren.
A dog named Smokey and Bandit the cat.
What medium/s do you work with and where did you learn how to do this?
I play with glass, a torch and kiln. I wanted to try torch work because I’ve always loved beads and just wanted to try making my own. Took one class, bought books, and just played with the glass and when I see something I like I keep it. Beads form different in the torch and it is not always easy to make them look alike. Other great lampwork artists can do it, just not me.

Do you have a specific area you work in ?
I work in my basement, in the laundry area. Yep, I would like a separate area.


What inspires you?
Color, I love all and every color of glass rod and frit I can get my hands on.
Is there a medium you haven’t tried that you’d like too?
Yes, Borosilicate glass.

Now some questions from our fellow Etsian’s.
Question by http://www.luluvillage.etsy.com/ :
Would you rather be a small fish in a big pond or a big fish in a small pond?
Just the small little fish I am.

Question by http://www.marysusan.etsy.com/:
If you were trapped in an abandoned cave, and could only have three artistic materials
with you, what would they be, and why?
My colored pens, lots of paper and my husband as he lifts my spirit and
makes me think of what I do.

What is the one item you created that you are most proud of?
The very first beads I made and NO PICTURE OF THEM.
Here is my favorite memory wire bracelet I have made with rainbow colored beads.
Question by http://www.ariaimages.esty.com/:
What are five of your favorite Etsy shops?
Oh, wow! How can you only pick five??????
Question by http://www.damselle.etsy.com/:
What is your worst time wasting habit?
Sitting on my swing with a cup of coffee and a smoke and blanking out.
I should be thinking of projects to do.
Thanks Nancy!
<3 ya!




3 comments:

Rosebud Collection said...

What a great blog and interview..
Good job..

Moodwax said...

Awww.. I have a dog named Smokey too. Nice to meet you!

papernclay said...

applauding loudly!!!!!
love you!!