Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I was scammed!


When I was in Ohio several weeks ago I had the opportunity to try on my nieces “Crocs”. As ugly as they are, they were surprisingly comfy.
After some consideration I decided to look them up. Retail they go for about $30 bucks. So I decide to search for them on eBay. Bingo! I find a seller who is almost giving them away for $9.95 plus shipping and handling! And they were authentic! So I immediately choose the “buy it now” option and purchase them.
I saved so much money I decided to search for some fun accessories for my Crocs.
I bought a cute little bunny, a plump and juicy strawberry, a cup of Joe and a Sugar Daddy sucker.
Now all I had to do was sit back and wait for my purchases to come in.
Two days later I received my accessories. So cute!
Seven days later I look online to see the status of my shoes.
Hmmmm… the seller who had a 100% positive rating is now receiving negative reviews.

I contact her and ask her when I could expect my shoes.
She replies:
I am sorry. i get them from canada and they were stuck at customs on the united states side. i have resolved this. they will be here by thursday afternoon. if you want i can give you your money back. if not i will pay to overnight them to you as soon as i have them. here is the tracking number of the shoes XXXXXXX 754 and here is there website if you want to take a look www.dhl-usa.com .
I ask if she’s talking about the current Thursday or the next Thursday.
She replies:
thursday next week. as i say in my listing, i try to ship within 2 weeks.i am getting them from canada. i will get them to you as fast as i can. thank you
I tell her no problem. Just keep me in the loop.
The following Thursday I log onto eBay to see the status of my shoes.
There is no listing…
There is no seller…
(Insert swear words.)

I file a claim with PayPal.

Meanwhile I decide to give another eBay seller a chance. Mind you $10 dollars more, but the first deal should have sent huge red flags my way. If it’s to good to be true, it probably is.
I received my new Crocs from the second eBay seller in 2 days. Love em!

Just received a email from PayPal.

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your favor.
We were able to recover $18.34 USD and this amount has been credited to you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.
If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to recover the balance from the seller.
If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account privileges.

What comes around…

Thank you PayPal!

No comments: